Catch some Z's
Based on scientific research, here are 3 things you can start implementing right away and at no cost, to improve your quality of sleep, and to prevent your body's biological clock (circadian rhythms) becoming out of whack.
1) First thing in the morning, get natural sunlight in your eyes.
This will help set your body's biological clock and falling asleep will be easier at night. Going for a walk or simply enjoying your cup of tea or coffee outside is a great way to let the natural light eyes meet your eyes. If it is cloudy, stay out a little longer!
2) Try to eat diner at least 3 hours before you go to bed.
This way, your digestive system will have done most of the work before falling asleep.
3) Avoid using your cell phone and computer at least 2 hours prior going to bed.
The same way you want natural sunlight in your eyes first thing in the morning, at night, try to avoid bright lights, especially the ones coming from screens. Light a candle, turn the lights down, so your body can understand that it is night time, and sleep is coming.
A few other things to consider:
1) Exercise first thing in the morning.
2) Limit your caffeine intake.
3) Limit or eliminate alcohol intake.
3) Do a quick guided meditation.
If you want to learn more about this subject, I highly recommend Andrew Huberman's Video. It is jammed packed with relevant and priceless information.
Comments are closed.
Get the scoop!
Subscribe below to receive our Monthly Newsletter