Reflecting on the hope and healing lead me to reaffirm my higher intention: to live and lead with ease, joy and love. I know. It sounds corny but I am comfortable with that! As I was mentioning during a recent yoga class, moving and breathing with ease, consciously, on or off the yoga mat, brings a sense of peace to our mind and body. It allows us to be better humans and to navigate the ups and downs of our reality.
Living with ease does not mean that we never face challenges or struggles. It just means that energetically, we tackle the challenge without tension. Taking a few deep breaths when the going gets tough (so our heart rate and blood pressure can lower), allowing ourselves to step back for a few moments when the tension builds up, and recommitting to moving forward with ease. By the way, this is a life long practice. Some days, the ease will be pouring out of you! Other days, not so much. On the harder days, be kind to yourself, and remember that nothing is permanent. This too shall pass.
Under this higher intention of ease reside a few goals I have set for the year. I am sharing a few here with you, in no particular order. Sharing my goals is a way to commit to them, and to perhaps inspire you to determine if there are any goals you would like to achieve in 2022.
My goals for 2022
1) Continuing Education: pre-pandemic, my way of continuing my education and building my skills as a yoga instructor was to travel and attend a retreat with one of my favourite yoga/meditation teachers. The pandemic quickly put a stop to that! In 2022, I commit to find and complete an on-line course of my choice. My inspirations come from learning so this is a win-win for both me and my clients!
2) Stick to my organizational systems: I developed over the years a couple of systems that keep me organized and allow me to get things done with ease, in a timely manner. I also have a sabotaging voice inside my head that encourages me to ignore those systems occasionally. If I do listen to that voice, things get a little messy and well, disorganized! With disorganization comes stress and anxiety, which is far from being ideal. In 2022, I commit to sticking to my organizational systems and to reassure my sabotaging voice that all is good. I got this.
3) Do less! That's right. Do less in a day. I am blessed with having tons of energy and I love being active and productive. I tend however to plan too many things to be accomplished in a day. In 2022, I commit to plan my days in a sustainable way.
4) Chin-up! I want to be able to do 1 chin-up and 10 real push-ups! To achieve this, I will follow my training program which includes weight lifting, spinning, running and walking (and yoga of course!)
5) Guitar: I started playing guitar on the eve of the pandemic. It has been such a great hobby during our confinement. I now have a repertoire of songs that I can play and sing my heart out! In 2022, I commit to improve my technical skills on the guitar as well as my knowledge of the music theory.
6) Nourish my community: with the guiding principles of living and leading with ease, joy, and love, I commit to be the best human being possible so that the people in my life can feel supported and respected.
Here is to hope and healing in 2022!
Don't hesitate to connect with me if you want to share your goals or if any of this has inspired you!
Get the scoop!
Subscribe below to receive our Monthly Newsletter